May 28, 2024  
2021-22 Hamilton Holt Undergraduate 
2021-22 Hamilton Holt Undergraduate [ARCHIVED CATALOG]


Academic Regulations


Academic Calendar

Credit System and Course Scheduling Format

Academic Honor Code

Community Standards and Responsibility

Sexual Misconduct and Harassment

Intellectual Property

Standards of Scholarship


Records, Grades and Registration Policies

Classification of Students


Transfer Credit

Transcripts and Academic Records

Withdrawal and Leave of Absence

Hamilton Holt School Student Appeals Committee


The academic calendar consists of a 15-week fall and a 15 week spring term, one 12-week and two six-week summer terms. Students may select from traditional courses, intensive courses, independent study, and international or off-campus study courses conducted by Rollins faculty members. These off-campus studies require supplemental funds.


Academic credit at Rollins is awarded in terms of semester hours.

The standard Holt School course is defined as four semester hours, which normally includes 150 minutes of in-class instruction per week. In addition, Rollins faculty expect students to spend considerable time outside of class each week working on course-related activities. It is appropriate for faculty to assign such work as part of the course requirements. The work that occurs outside of and in preparation for class is essential for the learning that occurs in class. Students should expect to spend at least three hours out of class for every hour in class. The value of four credit hours results from work expected of enrolled students both inside and outside of the classroom. The value of a four credit-hour course results from work expected of enrolled students both inside and outside of the classroom. Rollins’ faculty require that students average approximately three hours of outside work for every hour of scheduled class time.

Classes are generally scheduled Monday through Thursday and on weekends. A class typically meets once per week from 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. or from 6:45 - 9:15 p.m. Hours vary for the weekend, intensive, blended, low residency, distance, and summer classes.

Some classes involve laboratories and are offered for more semester hours. Other classes that normally meet for fewer hours during a semester are offered for less academic credit.

In addition, the Holt School offers blended learning options. Blended learning is the replacement of a portion of in-class face-to-face-instruction with learning beyond the classroom, often, but not always, through the application of technology to enhance student learning outcomes. Courses must be approved to be taught in a blended format; and faculty teaching blended learning courses in the Hamilton Holt School are required to complete a training program.

A period is set aside each term for students to consult with academic advisors and prepare registration materials. The class schedule provides details concerning registration procedures, withdrawal and payment deadlines, and refund periods. Students are expected to register by the published deadlines in accordance with published policies and procedures.

Academic Honor Code


Integrity and honor are central to the Rollins College mission to educate its students for responsible citizenship and ethical leadership. Rollins College requires adherence to a code of behavior that is essential for building an academic community committed to excellence and scholarship with integrity and honor. Students, faculty, staff, and administration share the responsibility for building and sustaining this community.

Each student matriculating into Rollins College must become familiar with the Academic Honor System. The College requires that students be able and willing to accept the rights and responsibilities of honorable conduct, both as a matter of personal integrity and as a commitment to the values to which the College community commits itself. It is the responsibility of instructors to set clear guidelines for authorized and unauthorized aid in their courses. It is the responsibility of students to honor those guidelines and to obtain additional clarification if and when questions arise about possible violations of the Honor Code.


Membership in the student body of Rollins College carries with it an obligation, and requires a commitment, to act with honor in all things. The student commitment to uphold the values of honor-honesty, trust, respect, fairness, and responsibility -particularly manifests itself in two public aspects of student life. First, as part of the admission process to the College, students agree to commit themselves to the Honor Code. Then, as part of the matriculation process during Orientation, students sign a more detailed pledge to uphold the Honor Code and to conduct themselves honorably in all their activities, both academic and social, as a Rollins student. A student signature on the following pledge is a binding commitment by the student that lasts for his or her entire tenure at Rollins College:

The development of the virtues of Honor and Integrity are integral to a Rollins College education and to membership in the Rollins College community. Therefore, I, a student of Rollins College, pledge to show my commitment to these virtues by abstaining from any lying, cheating, or plagiarism in my academic endeavors and by behaving responsibly, respectfully, and honorably in my social life and in my relationships with others.

This pledge is reinforced every time a student submits work for academic credit as his/her own. Students shall add to the paper, quiz, test, lab report, etc., the handwritten signed statement: “On my honor, I have not given, nor received, nor witnessed any unauthorized assistance on this work.” Material submitted electronically should contain the pledge; submission implies signing the pledge.


Students are expected to conduct themselves with complete honesty in all academic work and campus activities. Violations of the Academic Honor Code include, but are not limited to the following:

  1. PLAGIARISM. Offering the wordsfacts, or ideas of another person as your own in any academic exercise.
  2. CHEATING. Using or attempting to use unauthorized materials, information, or study aids in an academic exercise. This includes sharing knowledge of previously administered or current tests. The keeping of tests, papers, and other assignments belonging to former students is prohibited. Use of external assistance (e.g., books, notes, calculators, conversations with others) in completing an “in class” or “take home” examination, unless specifically authorized by the instructor, is prohibited.
  3. UNAUTHORIZED COLLABORATION. Collaboration, without specific authorization by the instructor, on homework assignments, lab reports, exam preparations, research projects, take home exams, essays, or other work for which you will receive academic credit.
  4. SUBMISSION OF WORK PREPARED FOR ANOTHER COURSE. Turning in the same work, in whole or in part, to two or more instructors, without the consent of the instructors in both courses.
  5. FABRICATION. Misrepresenting, mishandling, or falsifying information in an academic exercise. For example, creating false information for a bibliography, inventing data for a laboratory assignment, or representing a quotation from a secondary source (such as a book review or a textbook) as if it were a primary source.
  6. FACILITATING ACADEMIC DISHONESTY. Helping another student commit an act of academic dishonesty.
  7. VIOLATION OF TESTING CONDITIONS. Looking at other students’ answers, allowing other students to look at your test, and working past allotted time are just a few examples where test conditions may be considered to be violated.
  8. LYING. Lying is the making of a statement that one knows to be false with the intent to deceive. It includes actions such as (a) lying to faculty, administrators, or staff; (b) falsifying any College document or record by mutilation, addition, deletion, or forgery; or (c) lying to a member of the Honor Council or judicial affairs officer.
  9. FAILURE TO REPORT AN HONOR CODE VIOLATION. Failure to report occurs when a student has knowledge of or is witness to an act in violation of the Academic Honor Code and does not report it within five class days.


Because academic integrity is fundamental to the pursuit of knowledge and truth and is the heart of the academic life of Rollins College, it is the responsibility of all members of the College community to practice it and to report apparent violations. All students, faculty, and staff are required to report violations in writing to the Academic Honor Council for disposition. Referrals will be made through the Director of Student Services at the Holt School office.

  1. If a faculty member has reason to believe that a violation of the Academic Honor Code has occurred, he/she may have an initial meeting with the student to determine if a violation has occurred. If the faculty member believes that a violation has occurred, he/she is required to report it. This initial meeting is to clarify if a violation has occurred and not to determine if a known violation is to be reported.
  2. If a student has reason to believe that a violation of academic integrity has occurred, he/she is required to report it to the Academic Honor Council. The student that has witnessed a violation can, but is not required to, encourage the student suspected of the violation to self-report. If the student refuses to self-report, then the student that witnessed the violation must report it to the Academic Honor Council.
  3. Staff members that believe they have witnessed a violation must refer the case to the Honor Council for disposition.

Complaints must be made in writing and filed with the Hamilton Holt School Director of Student Services. These complaints are then forwarded to the Academic Honor Council. Allegations must be submitted in writing within 10 days of the discovery of the alleged violation. Complaints against graduating seniors must be submitted by the date senior grades are due to allow time for an investigation before graduation. The complaint should indicate all relevant details, including names of witnesses and must be signed. Submissions may also be made online.

For additional information, please visit the Holt Academic Honor Code website:


The Office of Community Standards & Responsibility strives for a fair and just community by promoting student responsibility, accountability, and ethical decision making. Community Standards & Responsibility seek to facilitate individual awareness and assist students in actively engaging as responsible members of their various communities.

The Code of Community Standards is a document that explains Rollins College policy and procedure. It is meant to educate, inform, and assist students as they approach good decision-making. The Code of Community Standards is published annually on the Rollins Community Standards & Responsibility website at and the direct link to the Code of Community Standards can be found below:


As a recipient of Federal funds, the College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities. Sexual misconduct and harassment, as defined in this policy, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX. Rollins is committed to providing programs, activities and an educational environment free from sex discrimination. The Sexual Misconduct and Harassment policy is published on the Rollins web site


The College’s policy on intellectual property can be found in the Rollins College Faculty Handbook located on the website of the Human Resources Office at This policy is meant to encourage and support faculty, staff, and student research; to protect the rights and interests of College constituents as well as the College itself; and to provide College constituents with information that will guide understanding of intellectual property and its application at Rollins College. All faculty (full-time and adjunct), staff, student employees, and students, as well as non-employees who participate or intend to participate in teaching and/or research or scholarship projects at Rollins College are bound by this policy.

Rollins College is committed to complying with all applicable laws regarding copyright and other forms of intellectual property. Furthermore, this policy shall not be interpreted to limit the College’s ability to meet its obligations for deliverables under any contract, grant, or other arrangement with third parties, including sponsored research agreements, license agreements, and the like.

Questions of ownership or other matters pertaining to materials covered by this policy shall be resolved by the Provost (or his or her designee) in consultation with others, as appropriate. In the event that resolution of such matters becomes controversial, the Provost (or his/her designee) will convene an Intellectual Property Committee as described in Section B, Patents.

Standards of Scholarship
Faculty complete academic warning forms for students who are performing at unsatisfactory levels in their courses during weeks four (4) to twelve (12) of each term. Unsatisfactory academic performance includes poor attendance, lack of participation, failure to complete assignments on time, poor test and quiz grades, poor quality of written work, studio work, or laboratory work, or an estimated grade of ‘C-’ or lower in the course. The withdrawal without penalty deadline occurs in the tenth week of each semester; students may exercise their one-time, late CR/NC option through 5 p.m. on the last day of classes each term.

Academic warnings are sent via campus e-mail to the student. Students receiving warnings are directed to meet with the professor of the course, as well as their Holt advisor, to discuss issues of concern, strategies for improvement, and other options including withdrawal from courses or exercise of the Late Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) option. In addition to these interventions, the Holt Advising Services staff also contacts students when they have been referred to the Tutoring and/or the Writing Center, or if they are deemed academically “at risk” for other reasons (multiple academic warnings, students with learning disabilities, and those on academic probation).


All students must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.00 and a single term Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 1.5 to be in good academic standing. Students who fail to meet minimum academic standards at the end of any term are placed on academic probation, academic suspension, or are dismissed permanently from the College.

Any student whose cumulative GPA falls below 2.00, or whose fall, spring or summer term GPA falls below 1.5, will be placed on academic probation.


A student with:

Cum below 2.0

Cum above 2.0

Semester Term GPA below 1.5



Semester Term GPA above 1.5


good standing



Students on academic probation may be prohibited from participating in Rollins-sponsored activities, such as leadership positions, study abroad, and/or internships for academic credit.


Students who have attempted 12 or more credits through the Holt School will be subject to academic suspension as a result of poor academic performance as defined above. After 12 credits have been attempted, students who have been on probation for two non-consecutive semesters, and who fail to meet the minimum academic standards a third time will be academically suspended from the Holt School.

An exception is made for Full-time first-year students and transfer students. Full-time first- year and transfer students will be academically suspended from the Holt School after their first semester if their GPA falls at or below 1.25. If these students would like to be considered for continuation for a second semester, they should appeal their academic suspension to the Office of the Dean of the Hamilton Holt School.

Students who are academically suspended from the Holt School are not permitted to continue in any Rollins College programs. While on academic suspension, students should only be on campus to conduct business related to a re-admission appeal, and/or as an officially registered guest, and must abide the guest policies. Students may request to transfer back to Rollins any credits earned during an academic suspension. All transfer credits must be pre-approved prior to enrolling elsewhere via the Transfer Credit Pre-Approval form.

Students who have been academically suspended a first time may petition for readmission by completing a readmission request in which they articulate both insight into the factors that led to the poor performance and a realistic plan to improve academic performance and return to good academic standing. This request to return may be submitted to the Office of the Dean of the Holt School after a minimum of one (1) semester has elapsed. To be considered for readmission from academic suspension, students must demonstrate readiness to return and improved commitment to academic success. The request to return will only be considered if the student is in good standing with the Rollins Community (including but not limited to Community Standards, Student Account Services, etc.).



Students who are academically suspended a second time are dismissed permanently from the Holt School and may not subsequently enroll in any program. Students who are academically suspended or dismissed prior to the end of a semester are subject to standard college refund policies.


Student grade reports are based on the following definitions.

  • Grade ‘A’ is reserved for work that is exceptional in quality and shows keen insight, understanding, and initiative.
  • Grade ‘B’ is given for work that is consistently superior and shows interest, effort, or originality.
  • Grade ‘C’ is a respectable grade. A ‘C’ average (2.00) is required for graduation. It reflects consistent daily preparation and satisfactory completion of all work required.
  • Grade ‘D’ D- is the lowest passing grade. It is below the average necessary to meet graduation requirements and ordinarily is not accepted for transfer by other institutions.
  • Grade ‘F’ is failing.
  • Grade ‘CR’ is passing with a grade of C- or higher.
  • Grade ‘NC’ is a grade below C- with no GPA penalty.
  • Grade ‘HF’ F grade for honors violation.
  • Grade ‘HZ’ Honors violation pending review.
  • P (C- or better), PD (pass with D+, D, D-), NP (no pass).  The P, PD, NP grades do not calculate into the GPA**

Cumulative grade point averages are based on a four-point (4.00) scale. Letter grades are assigned the following numerical equivalents.

Grade A



Grade A-



Grade B+


Grade B



Grade B-



Grade C+


Grade C



Grade C-



Grade D+


Grade D



Grade D-



Grade F


Grade WF*


  Grade HF 0      

*The WF grade was discontinued effective fall 2019-20.

Physical education activity (PEA) courses are graded on a credit/no credit (P/NC) basis.

**In response to the Novel Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), an optional P (pass), PD (pass with D+, D, D-), NP (no pass) grading system was implemented for the spring 2020-21 semester only in the College for Liberal Arts, Hamilton Holt undergraduate (effective spring 2019-20 only). 


The grade “I” is assigned temporarily if the work is incomplete at the end of the course because of circumstances beyond the control of the student. It is the responsibility of the student to complete and submit a Contract for an Incomplete Grade prior to the conclusion of the course. The contract specifies the work that is to be done and the deadline for submission (up to 60 days from the last published date of the term). Instructors may, in exceptional circumstances, grant an extension of up to 60 additional days. Incompletes that are unresolved or unreported at the end of the deadline will automatically change to “F.” Only the Registrar and the Holt Student Appeals Committee, with the approval of the instructor, may change a grade to “I” after formal grades have been received. Such a change would be approved only in the most exceptional of circumstances.

Faculty may not assign a grade of ‘I’ without the Contract for an Incomplete Grade, nor may a faculty member not assign a grade, a de facto Incomplete. Faculty who fail to submit a grade for a student by the deadline set by the College will be penalized at the discretion of the Dean.


Students wishing to appeal a grade will first consult with the instructor to determine whether an error has been made or the instructor wishes to reconsider the grade. If this is the case, the instructor submits a grade change request to the Dean of the Faculty or designee (if the course is offered by the College of Liberal Arts) or Dean of the Hamilton Holt School or designee (if the course is offered by the Hamilton Holt School). If the student is dissatisfied with the results of that consultation and wishes to pursue the matter further, s/he will meet with the chair of the department, who in turn must inform the instructor of the substance of the student’s appeal. The department chair acts as a mediator to attempt to resolve any disagreements and consults with the instructor about the grading process. The course instructor is the only person with authority to change the grade at this point. (If the instructor is the chair of the department, a tenured member of the department will be selected by the department to serve as mediator. If this is not possible, then the Dean of the Faculty, Dean of the Hamilton Holt School, or a dean’s designee, will serve in this capacity.

Perceived or actual differences in grading policies or standards between instructors, which are not a violation of College policies, are not a basis for further appeal. Further appeals beyond the chair of the department will be allowed only when the student can furnish evidence that the final grade was affected by the student’s opinion or conduct in matters unrelated to academic standards, bias based upon matters unrelated to academic standards, or the failure of the instructor to follow his or her own stated policies or College policies. The Dean of Students, College of Liberal Arts Faculty President, and chair of the Faculty Members Department (If the instructor is the chair of the department, a tenured member of the department or division will be selected by the department) must agree by two-thirds that it can be plausibly argued that these conditions are met in order for the appeal to proceed to the Curriculum Committee.

If these conditions are met, the student may proceed with the appeal to the Curriculum Committee by submitting a letter describing the situation to the Dean of the Faculty (if the course is offered by the College of Liberal Arts) or Dean of the Hamilton Holt School (if the course is offered by the Hamilton Holt School). This appeal must be made within one (1) year of the conclusion of the course. The Dean will request from the department chair a written account of the mediation process described above and its results, if any. The Dean may also request any other appropriate documentation. The Dean prepares all documents related to the case for submission to the Curriculum Committee. These documents are made available to the student and instructor to review and respond. Their responses, if any, are included with the materials submitted to the Curriculum Committee. The Dean shall receive the recommendation of the Curriculum Committee, review all documents, and make additional inquiries if necessary before reaching a decision. After such review, the decision of the Dean is final.


Students taking two or more graded courses through the Holt School who achieve a 3.50 - 3.74 average with no incomplete or reserved grades for any given semester will be placed on the Dean’s List if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Students meeting the same criteria with a semester GPA of 3.75 or above will be placed on the President’s List. Dean’s and President’s List recognition is noted on the student’s transcript. Upon removal of an incomplete or deferred grade, students who meet the requirements are added to the lists.



There are three graduation dates per academic year (August 31, December 31, and the date of commencement in May). All graduates receiving the Bachelor of Arts degree within an academic year are invited and encouraged to participate in the annual May commencement. Participation in the annual commencement is limited to those students completing all degree requirements as of May.


All graduating students are required to submit a Petition to Graduate one year prior to their last term. The Petition will be reviewed by an academic advisor to ensure all degree requirements are satisfied by graduation. Each student will be charged a graduation fee $60. Diplomas are not issued for students who do have a Petition to Graduate on file.


Students completing the final 70 semester hours of degree requirements in residence (institutional hours) at Rollins College may qualify for graduation with honors provided that the appropriate cumulative GPA is achieved.

Honors are as follows:

  3.50 - 3.69 Cum Laude
  3.70 - 3.89 Magna Cum Laude
  3.90 - 4.00 Summa Cum Laude

A student’s transcript will bear the appropriate honors designation, and it will be announced at Commencement.


A student may appeal to participate in the ceremony without all completing all graduation requirements when the following conditions are met:

  1. The student has an overall GPA of 2.0 and a 2.0 GPA in the major and minor both at the time of petition and at the time of Commencement; and
  2. The student presents a viable plan, including documentation of course availability, consisting of no more than one course (4-6) semester hours.

The deadline to request to participate in commencement and be included in the commencement program is due April 15. Appeals received and approved after April 15 will not be included in the commencement program.Forms are available online at Decisions are made by the Hamilton Holt School Appeals Committee.

Latin honors, honors in the major field, nor any other College awards to graduating students will be neither recorded in programs, ascribed to student academic records, nor announced during ceremonies for any student who has not completed all graduation requirements at the time of Commencement. The student’s graduation date noted on the diploma will reflect a date after the degree requirements have been met. Students may participate in only one (1) graduation ceremony for the Holt School. 


Records, Grades and Registration Policies


Second Year (Sophomore) 30 semester hours  
Third Year (Junior) 60 semester hours  
Fourth Year (Senior) 100 semester hours  



Registration occurs in April for summer and fall terms and in November for spring term.  Students are expected to complete their registration online during their assigned registration period and will have opportunity to make schedule changes through the subsequent semester’s add and drop deadlines.  Prior to registration, students are assigned a registration time ticket which is required in order to register.  The student’s registration time ticket assigns a registration day and time as follows:  Veterans and seniors with 90+ credits, followed by declared majors, and lastly undeclared and newly admitted students.  Students can find their assigned registration day and time in Foxlink approximately two weeks prior to the start of the registration period.  To be eligible for registration, students must clear all registration holds in advance of their assigned registration time.  These holds may include:  outstanding account or past due balance, past due monthly payment plan, missing final high school or college transcripts, judicial hold or failure to complete Title IX traning.

Students are responsible for the accuracy of their schedule.  Class attendance or access to a course via Canvas does not constitute formal registration in a class.  Students should refer to their official schedule located on FoxLink under the Self-Service Profile.

To be considereed fulltime and eligible for financial aid and athletics, students must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits, and students enrolled in fewer than 12 amy have their financial aid reduced according to state and federal regulations.  It is the student’s responsibility to know when they have dropped below fulltime status and the financial consequences they may incur.


Adding Courses

Students may add courses to their schedule during the first week (five class days) of the semester.  Under exceptional circumstances, students may add courses, internships or independent studies to their class schedule after the end of the official add period with permission of the instructor and in consultation with the dean and registrar.  Students who receive any form of federal financial aid are reminded that they must be registered for a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours by the tenth (10th) class day each term or their federal financial aid awards will be compromised.

Dropping or Withdrawing from Courses

Students may drop courses up until the 10th day of class (first two weeks).  Verbal or electronic notification from the instructor or failure to attend class does not constitute a drop or withdrawal.  Students who abandon a course without filing the proper drop/withdrawal form automatically receive a failing grade.

A course dropped after the first two weeks of class, but before Friday of the 11th week of class is recorded on the student’s permanent record as a withdrawal (‘W’ grade).  Withdrawal from a course after this deadline is possible only if approved by the Academic Appeals Committee or under extenuating medical circumstances as determined by the Office of Student and Family Care.  Students are responsible for consulting with the instructor for providing regarding academic standing prior to the final date for withdrawal from a course.  Instructors are responsible for providing students with timely graded feedback concerning academic standing before the final date for withdrawal from a course.  Students who withdraw from a course after Friday of the 11th week of classes may receive a grade of ‘F’ or NC (no credit) as determined by the grading mode for the course and instructor.

Students who drop part of term courses which do not meet the full semester must do so prior to the second class meeting and will have no notation placed on their transcript.  Students who drop part of term courses after the second class meeting, but prior to the 75% point of the course (as determined by the registrar) will receive a ‘W’ notation on the transcript.  Students dropping after the 75% point will receive a grade of ‘F’ or ‘NC’ as determined by the grading mode for the course and instructor.

All international students in F-1 or J-1 status must receive permission from the International Student Services Coordinator prior to dropping any courses that would bring them below the twelve (12) semester hour minimum.  Failure to receive prior permission may result in termination of the student’s immigration status.


Non-student auditors, College faculty or staff, and members of the community, must seek admission by submitting an Auditors Application for Admission to the Holt School Admissions Office and completing the College’s online and on-campus Title IX training class. Students registering to audit courses in Holt will be charged a nominal matriculation fee per course audited as determined by the program Dean and Provost in consultation with the President’s Cabinet. Rollins faculty and staff are not charged for course auditing in Holt, but must complete an Auditor’s Application and register as an auditor. See term schedule for fee.

Auditors and degree-seeking students must contact the Holt School Student Services to register. Faculty approval is required. Registrations will be processed after first week of the term as priority is given to degree-seeking students. Courses will not be overloaded for an audit student. Also, some courses may be closed to auditors. Auditors may attend classes, but will not be guaranteed a seat until the week following the close of the schedule change (add-drop) period for degree-seeking students.

Audited courses are noted on the academic transcript with the grade of “AU” for “audit” that is assigned during the registration process. All auditors are responsible for any course fees or books, including fees associated with music courses/applied music (private lessons).

Degree-seeking Holt students who register as auditors in Holt will be charged a nominal matriculation fee per course audited as determined by the program Dean and Provost in consultation with the President’s Cabinet. Degree-seeking students from other programs of the College (e.g., CLA or Crummer) may audit courses on a space-available basis at no cost under the guidelines for cross-enrollment articulated in the College catalog and/or handbook.

Students not originally enrolled as auditors who wish to change their status to that of auditor must do so in writing before the last published date to withdraw without penalty; they will not receive a tuition discount or refund. Audit course registrations may not be converted to academic credit registrations in any program of the College after the end of official schedule change (add-drop) period for the term of enrollment.


Tuition and fees are the responsibility of the student and are due at the time of registration or by the published payment deadline. Methods of payment include cash (in person only), check, money order, cashier’s check, or wire. Credit card payments from Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express are accepted only via the QuikPAY Online Billing and Payment System, and authorized forms of financial aid. Late payment fees will be assessed for payments received after the published deadlines. A monthly payment plan is also available. (Please refer to “Tuition and Fees” section of the catalog for additional information.) Please view the Student Account Services website for additional information.

It is important for students to note that deferment of tuition for financial aid applicants is an extension of the payment due date, granted as a service to the student. It is NOT a guarantee of eligibility for financial aid. (Please refer to the section on Registration for Financial Aid Applicants in the term schedule.) Students will be held personally and financially responsible for registrations they initiate, whether or not aid is ultimately approved.



Rollins Approved Programs are offered on a semester basis in Australia; Brazil; China; the United Kingdom; France; Greece; Germany; Italy; Japan; Morocco; Spain and more! Rollins also offers two approved domestic semester programs. All of the approved semester programs are offered in cooperation with institutions and organizations overseas and in the United States and they have been carefully reviewed, selected and developed with the Rollins mission and Rollins students in mind.

While participating in Rollins Approved Semester programs, students pay a flat fee equivalent to standard Rollins CLA tuition, room and board, and in most cases can transfer financial aid and scholarships directly to the study abroad program costs. In addition, students can take between 12 and 18 credits, depending on the program, and may be able to fulfill major, minor or general education requirements. There are also Approved Summer programs offered in Costa Rica, Ireland, Germany, France, and Spain. These programs are 4-7 weeks and focus on cultural immersion through language study, homestays with local families, and internships.

A number of two to four credit hour short-term study abroad programs, called Field Studies, are offered during the winter, spring, and summer breaks, typically lasting between one and three weeks. Field Studies present a wonderful opportunity to study and travel internationally with Rollins students and faculty without having to go abroad for a full semester. Holt undergraduate and graduate students participating on CLA field study courses pay the same price as CLA students and are eligible for grant support through International Programs and Hamilton Holt. The cost of a Holt course with a field study is standard Holt tuition for the relevant number of credits plus a program fee to cover the trip costs.

Though Field Study locations change year-to-year, past programs have travelled to Costa Rica, Rwanda, Cuba, India, England, Vietnam, Germany, Nepal, China, Croatia, and the Netherlands.

International travel grants are available, on a competitive basis, to Holt School students participating in Rollins Approved Programs and Field Studies offered through the International Programs Office, approved independent study and internship courses, and approved travel courses offered through other accredited institutions. Students must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic and social standing. Funding is limited, so students are advised to apply as early as possible in the academic year. Additional information is available at the Office of International Programs website at

The Office of International Programs, located in Carnegie Hall on the Rollins Campus, is the starting point for any student considering off-campus study. Students are encouraged to visit the International Programs website To apply for a program, complete the RIPA (Rollins International Programs Application), located within FoxLink.


Fall and Spring Terms

Three courses (12 semester hours) are considered to be a full-time course load. A 3.0 grade point average and the written permission of the advisor and registrar are required for a course overload (17 - 20 semester hours). Students who have incomplete grades from previous semesters are not eligible for approval of a course overload.

Summer and Intensive Terms

A full-time course load during the 12-week or the two six-week summer terms is twelve (12) semester hours. A 3.0 grade point average (GPA) and the written permission of the advisor and registrar are required for a course overload (13 - 16 semester hours). Students who have incomplete grades from previous semesters are not eligible for approval of a course overload.

Although the Holt School makes recommendations regarding student course loads, some forms of financial aid are awarded contingent upon student enrollment in a specified number of hours. It is the student’s responsibility to know and abide by course load requirements.


Some courses require completion of previous courses prior to registration. These prerequisite courses are published in each term schedule. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that prerequisite requirements have been satisfied prior to registration. Instructors may require unprepared students to withdraw from courses.


When a course is repeated, all courses and grades will remain on the official academic transcript, but only the most recent grade will be used in calculation of the student’s grade point average.  In the instance that a student fails a course after earning a passing grade and credit, the student will forfeit any prior credits earned for the course.    

The following apply to course repeats:

  • Students who have earned a grade below a C or a WF in an undergraduate course are eligible to repeat a course.  
  • Students may not audit a course in which they have previously earned an A-F, WF, NC, or CR, nor can a student take a course for credit which was previously audited.
  • Students may not receive transfer credit for a course in which they have previously earned an A-F, WF, NC, or CR at Rollins College.
  • Students who have earned a C or better in a course may repeat on a space available basis and when approved to register by the instructor for the course.  Students will not receive additional credit for repeating a course they have already received credit, and will lose any prior credit earned if the subsequent attempt results in a failing or no credit grade.

Students who receive financial aid may be impacted when repeating a course in which they have already earned credit with a D- grade or higher. In addition, all academic grades that appear on your Rollins transcript are included when determining GPA eligibility under federal financial aid satisfactory academic progress. All students who wish to repeat a course are highly encouraged to contact the Office of Student Financial Aid in advance of registration form the repeat course.


The credit/no-credit option is used for certain preparatory courses and internships and to allow students to learn without the pressure of working toward a specific grade. Some courses will be graded on a credit/no-credit basis only. Students electing to take a graded course on a credit/no-credit basis must notify the Holt School in writing no later than two weeks after the beginning of the fall or spring terms, and one week after the beginning of the summer term. The grade of credit will not be included in the GPA but will be given academic credit. A student may not subsequently receive a grade for a course elected to be taken credit/no credit. To receive a credit, a student must earn at least a “C-” in the course. Courses in the major/minor field and courses used to fulfill general education requirements may not be taken credit/no credit unless an exception has been approved and all students in the course are graded on that basis.

Generally, no more than one course per term may be taken on a credit/no-credit basis, and a maximum of four such courses (the equivalent of 16 semester hours) will count for graduation. Music majors/minors are exempt from this limitation based upon the requirements of their program. All other exemptions must be requested and approved in writing.


Students may also exercise a one-time option of late credit/no credit. In this option, students are permitted to declare a class late credit/no credit before the final exam period for the term in which they are enrolled. This option is available for one course, and for one time only during a student’s career at Rollins.


Transfer students must meet all general education curriculum and major requirements to earn a Rollins College degree. The Office of the Registrar reviews and evaluates courses taken at other institutions, determines courses/credit to be accepted, and prepares a Transfer Course Evaluation. The major department makes decisions regarding fulfillment of major requirements through transfer credit. Transfer credit for general education courses, electives, advanced placement, and other forms of transfer credit are reviewed and approved by the Registrar’s Office in consultation with the faculty in relevant departments. The evaluation lists all courses accepted and any general education requirements those courses fulfill.

To receive credit, an official transcript or score report must be submitted to Rollins College directly from the issuing institution or test provider. In the evaluation of transfer credit, four (4) semester hours of credit equals one Rollins course. Transfer credit is awarded for coursework completed at regionally accredited (Middle States, North Central, New England, Northwest, Southern, and Western Association) institutions, or the equivalent international institution for courses completed with a grade of C- or higher with the exception of internships where a grade of P (pass) or CR (credit) has been earned.

Students with sixty (60) semester hours of credit enter Rollins College with junior standing. All official transcripts must be received prior to registering for the second semester. A registration hold will be placed on the student’s record until the required transcript is received.

Rollins College participates in an articulation agreement between the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF) and the Division of Florida Colleges. Through this participation, students who enter Rollins with a completed Associate of Arts (AA) degree from a Florida state college matriculate with junior standing and are usually able to transfer a total of sixty (60) semester hours, provided that they meet the same standards and program requirements as native Rollins students. Hamilton Holt students will also be allowed to transfer up to 16 hours of coursework typically offered through Associate of Science (AS) degree programs taken prior to admission. As part of the College’s participation in the ICUF Articulation Agreement, students with the A.A. degree from a Florida state college are considered to have met general education requirements. The Hamilton Holt School at Rollins College can accept up to 92 hours of transfer credit. If a course taken previously is repeated at Rollins, credit for the transfer course will be removed from the student’s record.

A student’s previous grades transfer to the Rollins academic record, but do not count in the Rollins GPA.  

In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the following policy was approved by the Rollins College faculty to apply to the transfer of credit for courses elected for pass/fail (or similar non-GPA impact) grading at other institutions and is applicable to Spring 2020 transfer grades only:

  1. Rollins will accept transfer credits for pass (P) grades from institutions who do not define a pass grade as C- or better;
  2. These credits will be allowed to satisfy competencies, general education, prerequisites and to count toward majors/minors in the same manner as Rollins’s COVID-19 P/PD/NP policy.
  3. When an institution differentiates between pass and pass with D, the pass with D grade will not be accepted for transfer.


Students may receive advanced standing by several means. This includes but is not limited to credit for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and dual enrollment courses. Credit granted for any of these or by similar means does not automatically exempt a student from the general education requirements of the College. Please contact the Holt School Office for additional information.


Students are awarded four (4) semester hours of credit for each AP examination on which they earn a score of four (4) or five (5). Students who present scores of four (4) or higher on the AP English Language and Composition examination or the AP English Literature and Composition examination are exempt from satisfying the College’s Writing general education curriculum requirement. Students who present scores of four (4) or five (5) on the AP Statistics examination are exempt from satisfying the College’s Quantitative Reasoning general education curriculum requirement. Credit earned from other AP examinations does not exempt students from any other of the College’s general education curriculum requirements.


Credit for IB course work is granted for students with an IB diploma, on a course by course basis. Students with an IB Diploma and a score of thirty (30) or better will be awarded one year (thirty-two [32] semester hours) of credit. Students without the Diploma, or with the Diploma and a score of less than thirty (30), will be awarded eight (8) semester hours for each higher-level score of five (5) or better and four (4) semester hours for each score of four (4) or better (on a higher or subsidiary level), to a maximum of twenty-four (24) semester hours. General education credit will be awarded as appropriate, to be determined by suitable bodies. Advanced placement will be awarded for major courses, subject to departmental approval. Students who present both IB and AP work in the same subject area will not be awarded double credit.


Grades of ‘A’ through ‘C’ on most British GSE A-level exams earn two course credits, eight (8) semester hours, per examination.


Credit is given for USAFI or DANTES courses and some military specialty schools. Official transcripts for USAFI and DANTES should be obtained from the DANTES Contractor Representative, Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 2879, Princeton, NJ 08541. Transcripts may also be ordered online at


The Holt School has the following guidelines for awarding credit for CLEP General or Subject examinations:

  1. A student must complete any examination, and official score results must be received prior to achieving junior status (64 earned semester hours) in the Holt School.
  2. CLEP exams must be completed and official score results received prior to the term in which a student begins his or her residency in the Holt School.
  3. CLEP General or Subject examinations will not be used to fulfill major or minor core or elective requirements. Such examinations may be used to fulfill general education (if appropriate) or general elective requirements. Students who receive a score of 65 or better on the English General Examination with Essay receive credit and are exempt from ENG 140 only.
  4. Students who score within the acceptable guidelines on the CLEP General or Subject examinations may receive up to the equivalent of nine courses of credit. Examinations may not duplicate course material previously covered.

CLEP credit is recorded on the student transcript as examination/lower-level transfer credit and does not satisfy residential requirements for graduation or honors.


A maximum of eight semester hours of academic credit may be awarded for training courses in the subject areas contained in the College’s curriculum. To be considered for credit, the training course must have been evaluated and recommended for credit by the American Council on Education. To be designated as partially fulfilling requirements for the major, the major department must approve such a training course.


Holt School students who are degree seeking may request permission from their advisors to take a specific course in another program conducted by the College under the following conditions:

  1. Only one course per year after being a Holt School student for at least one year. The Director of Student Services in exceptional cases may waive this rule.
  2. A maximum of five Holt School students per day course will be permitted in any non-cross-listed course.
  3. A student must be concurrently enrolled in Holt School courses in order to take a course in the College of Liberal Arts, unless special permission is obtained from the Director of Student Services and Registrar. If a student subsequently withdraws from all Holt School courses, he or she must also withdraw from the College of Liberal Arts course.

Courses taken in another program to complete a student’s requirements will be charged at the Holt School rate. This policy does not apply to cross-listed courses that are open to all students at the tuition of the division in which they are enrolled. (Cross-listed courses are designated with an “X” suffix in the section number.)

Students with senior ranking and with a 3.3 or better cumulative GPA may enroll for one Master of Liberal Studies elective course each semester provided that they maintain a “B” or better in each attempted course. Graduate tuition fees will be applied. Course will not count toward the major or general education requirement.

Students from other Rollins programs taking Holt School courses for completion of general education or major requirements should obtain written approval from their program prior to registration for Holt School courses. Consult a program coordinator for further details. Students from other Rollins programs must have a 2.0 institutional GPA and be in good academic standing to participate in Holt School courses.



Rollins College and eScrip-Safe have partnered together to provide current students and alumni with access to an online ordering system through a secure website. Official transcripts can be emailed only if the recipient will accept it through email. Students may also provide a mailing address to have an official transcript sent through the postal service or can request student pickup. For instructions and fee information, visit Please note that transcripts will not be issued for persons on Student Account Services Hold or in default of a student loan.


Rollins College complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). The Act is as follows:

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.

FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children’s education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level. Students to whom the rights have transferred are “eligible students.”

  • Parents or eligible students have the right to inspect and review the student’s education records maintained by the school. Schools are not required to provide copies of records unless, for reasons such as great distance, it is impossible for parents or eligible students to review the records. Schools may charge a fee for copies.
  • Parents or eligible students have the right to request that a school correct records which they believe to be inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy rights under FERPA. If the school decides not to amend the record, the parent or eligible student then has the right to a formal hearing. After the hearing, if the school still decides not to amend the record, the parent or eligible student has the right to place a statement with the record setting forth his or her view about the contested information.
  • Parents or eligible students have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by [Rollins College] to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is:

Family Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202

  • Parents or eligible students have the right to provide written consent before the university discloses personally identifiable information (PII) from the student’s educational records. [Rollins College] must have written permission from the parent or eligible student in order to release any information from a student’s education record. [Under FERPA, however, Rollins College is permitted] to disclose those records, without consent, to the following parties or under the following conditions (34 CFR §99.31):
    • School officials with legitimate educational interest;
    • Other schools to which a student seeks or intends to enroll;
    • Specified officials, such as Federal, State, or local educational authorities, for the purposes of audit or evaluation of supported educational programs, or enforcement of compliance with legal requirements relating to those programs;
    • Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student;
    • Organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school;
    • Accrediting organizations;
    • To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena;
    • Appropriate officials in cases of health and safety emergencies;
    • State and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant to specific State law;
    • Parents of an “eligible student” to his or her parents if the student is a “dependent student,” as defined in Section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code located at Generally, if either parent has claimed the student as a dependent on the parent’s most recent income tax statement, the school may non-consensually disclose the student’s education records to both parents;
    • A victim of an alleged perpetrator of a crime of violence or a non-forcible sex offense, subject to the requirements of §99.39. The disclosure may only include the final results of the disciplinary proceeding with respect to that alleged crime or offense, regardless of the finding:
    • The general public, the final results of a disciplinary proceeding, subject to the requirements of §99.39, if the school determines the student is an alleged perpetrator of a crime of violence or non-forcible sex offense and the student has committed a violation of the school’s rules or policies with respect to the allegation made against him or her; and
    • Parents of a student regarding the student’s violation of any Federal, State, or local law, or of any rule or policy of the school, governing the use or possession of alcohol or a controlled substance if the school determines the student committed a disciplinary violation and the student is under the age of 21.

[Rollins College] may also disclose, without consent, “directory information.” “Directory information” is personally identifiable information that is not generally considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed and may include information such as a student’s name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, honors and awards, and dates of attendance. However, [Rollins College] must inform parents and eligible students about directory information and allow parents and eligible students a reasonable amount of time to request that the school not disclose directory information about them. [Rollins College] must notify parents and eligible students annually of their rights under FERPA. The actual means of notification…is left to the discretion of each school.

Under FERPA, Rollins College may define and disclose “directory information” provided that students and/or parents are notified of items that are deemed to be “directory information.” As such, Rollins College defines “directory information” as including the following, as applicable:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Telephone number
  • E-mail address
  • Date and place of birth
  • Individually identifiable photographs of the student solicited or maintained directly by Rollins as part of the educational record
  • Enrollment status, full-/part-time classification, and class level
  • College/division, dates of attendance, and class schedule
  • Major and minor field(s) of study
  • Expected and actual graduation date
  • Degrees, awards, and honors received
  • Official athletic participation and athlete height and weight
  • Name and location of most recent previously attended educational institution



Rollins College retains records and registration documents according to the guidelines established by the American Association of Collegiate Registrar and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). Academic records, change of grade forms, original grade sheets, and graduation lists are considered permanent and are not discarded. Records are kept from one (1) to five (5) years after graduation or date of last attendance. Written records retention policies are available from the Registrar’s Office.



Students may drop/add online during the first week of the term without “W” notation on their transcript. After the drop/add period, students must file an official withdrawal request by completing a registration change form or emailing their advisor from their Rollins email account. Withdrawal forms may be obtained from the Holt School Office or online at Student withdrawals are automatically updated on the faculty member’s class roster in FoxLink.


Exceptions due to extreme circumstances beyond the control of the student (e.g. death in the immediate family or job relocation that can be substantiated in writing by an employer) may be considered on a rare basis. In such cases, students should submit an appeal to the Holt Student Appeals Committee ( requesting to be withdrawn (W grade)from course(s) attempted during the term. Typically, no refund is provided for hardship withdrawals.

A student on compassionate leave who wishes to return may do so by initiating a written request for reinstatement to the Holt Student Appeals Committee. Requests for reinstatement are due no less than three (3) weeks prior to the start of classes.


For students who are temporarily unable to continue their studies due to medical or psychological issues.

Medical Leave is a category of non-academic leave. While on leave the student is not considered to be currently enrolled in the College, but is considered to be in good standing with the College.

The Dean of Student Affairs grants a medical leave of absence to a student. Because a medical leave is sometimes needed to cope with sudden emergencies, a student may request a medical leave at any time during the semester. The medical leave must, however, be approved/granted prior to the end of classes for the academic semester in order to take effect for that semester.

The length of the medical leave depends on the nature and severity of the health concern. It is the concern of the Office of Health Services and the Office of Counseling and Psychological Services that the leave be long enough to allow a student to regain the health and energy required to manage a full-time academic load in a residential environment. In the case of physical medical leaves, the length of the leave is determined by the length of time needed to ameliorate the physical ailment. In contrast, due to the nature of psychological medical leaves, a student often requires at least one (1) additional semester for treatment and stabilization of the condition.

To take a medical leave, a student may speak with either the Dean of Student Affairs, someone in Health Services, or Counseling and Psychological Services. Before a leave is granted, a student must consult with either the Director of Health Services or the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services to determine whether or not the condition can be successfully managed. Requests for a medical leave require thorough and credible documentation by an appropriate health care provider. These professional staff will then make a recommendation to the Dean of Student Affairs as to whether the leave is warranted and create a written plan for what needs to be accomplished during the leave. When students are placed on medical leave, all grades for the semester are noted as ‘W’ withdrawn. Students found responsible for violations of the College’s Honor Code will receive any grades that are a part of Honor Council sanctions.

Student athletes should consult with the Director of Athletics or the compliance officer to determine if a medical leave will impact their NCAA eligibility.

International students should consult with the Director of International Student and Scholar Services regarding the effect of a medical leave on their immigration status.

Students receiving financial aid (grants, loans, and/or scholarships) should consult with the Office of Financial Aid before requesting a medical leave to determine the impact on their financial aid when they return.

Students on any type of leave are not eligible to enroll in the student insurance plan. Eligibility requirements of the plan stipulate that the student must be a full-time undergraduate College of Liberal Arts student taking a minimum of 12 credit hours and must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 days after the date for which coverage is purchased. These requirements are not established by Rollins College, but by the student insurance company and are standard across most if not all student insurance plans.

If students have other considerations, such as, Honors Degree Program status or course requirements for a major, they should consult with academic departments and advisors.

Students on medical leave are not automatically reinstated to Rollins College. The student will be asked to provide documentation and a written recommendation from an appropriate health care provider to the Dean of Student Affairs confirming the student has completed all treatment recommendations and that the student’s health will support a successful return to full-time academic work on a residential campus. The Dean will present this information to the Reinstatement Committee for consideration of and planning for the student’s return. Both student and parent must review and agree to the requirements outlined on the Contract for Success before reinstatement. No academic credit earned during a medical leave will be transferable back to the College.

All written documents for requests regarding a return from medical leave must be received by June 1 for fall semester and November 1 for spring semester.

If students are not prepared to return to the campus in the semester following 12 months of medical leave, they must request in writing an extension of the medical leave. This request should be submitted to the Dean of Student Affairs and should include specific information about the student’s need for more time away.

The College may require a student to take a medical leave of absence if, in the judgment of the Dean of Student Affairs and the professional staff of the Division, the student: (a) poses a threat to the lives or safety of himself/herself or other members of the Rollins community; (b) has a medical or psychological problem which cannot be properly treated in the College setting; or (c) has evidenced a medical condition or behavior that seriously interferes with the student’s ability to function and/or seriously interferes with the educational pursuits of other members of the Rollins community.

Students will not be granted more than two (2) medical leaves, each of one (1) year duration, for a total of not more than two (2) years.

[Note: In making the decision to require a student to take a medical leave, the Dean of Student Affairs must act out of concern for the student and his or her rights, concern for the other students, and concern for the College as a whole. The Dean will have to consider whether the College is able to provide the level of care and guidance needed, whether there is a likelihood that the student will pose a threat to himself/herself or others, and/or to what extent the student seriously interferes with the rights of the others in the community to carry on their educational pursuits.]

For both voluntary and required leaves, the policy on refunds as posted by Student Account Services will apply.


If a student must leave Rollins for medical reasons, he or she must take sufficient time away to adequately address the issues that necessitated the leave. Students who depart the College after the tenth week of classes in any semester may not return until after the expiration of both the semester during which leave was taken and the next full fall or spring semester, i.e., a student who takes a medical leave in December, if readmitted on petition, may not return until the fall of the following school year.

During this absence, the College expects the student to undergo professional health-care treatment as the primary method of resolving the problem. Failure to seek ongoing treatment of a kind appropriate to the health problems will raise serious doubt as to the student’s readiness to resume student status. In such a case, the College may withhold admission until such time that appropriate treatment has been received.

A student on medical leave who wishes to return, must initiate a request for readmission by writing a letter to the Dean of Student Affairs detailing what has been accomplished during the absence. The student must also provide supporting documentation from a healthcare professional that addresses the following: the specific diagnosis that precipitated the need for care; the treatment plan; gains that were made as a result of the treatment; the readiness of the students to return to Rollins and the potential impact of the intellectual, physical, and personal demands of being a full-time residential student; any special conditions under which the student should be readmitted; and a recommended treatment plan to support the student’s transition back to campus. To facilitate the decision for readmission, the student must grant permission for the off campus healthcare provider to consult with the appropriate professional at Rollins, i.e., the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services or the Director of Health Services. Requests for readmission and the supporting documentation are due no less than three (3) weeks prior to the first day of classes for the fall and spring semesters.

The information gathered is reviewed by a committee comprised of the Dean of Student Affairs, the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services, the Director of Health Services, and the Director of Residential Life. When a student is permitted to return, special conditions or requirements may be outlined, and upon return, the student is expected adhere to the prescribed conditions or requirements. Failure to do so may result in the student’s dismissal from the College. The decision to readmit a student from a health leave of absence is a provisional judgment which may be reversed if a student fails to be a responsible member of the Rollins community.


Students may appeal to the Academic Appeals Committee the effects of any academic policy that applies to them. All appeals must be made within one (1) year of the conclusion of term for which the appeal is made.   To submit an academic appeal, the student must complete the following steps.

Step l: Consult with their Holt advisor to discuss their individual situation and to determine required documentation.

Step 2: Submit a written Appeal and supporting documentation using the online appeals process.

Step 3: Review their DegreeWorks academic audit for accuracy. Report any discrepancies to the Registrar’s Office.

The Committee will discuss appeals only after all required documentation has been submitted. By submitting an appeal, the student understands the Committee reserves the right to discuss the appeal with academic or administrative personnel as deemed appropriate and necessary for fair consideration. Students will be informed in writing as to the outcome of their appeal.

Program Policies
Additional academic policies may apply to individual graduate programs. Students who wish to appeal a program policy should first seek informal resolution through the program director. If the student believes the program has not resolved the issue, a formal written appeal may be submitted to the Dean of the Hamilton Holt School.